Folks, you’ve heard it before, climbing stairs has TONS of benefits: from strengthening lower body muscles to improving cardiovascular health to dropping pounds- the list goes on… Of course on your first climb, I wouldn’t suggest “the CN Tower” or the Skyscraper BUT living in Hamilton, you sure have some alternatives! Why6 not try to Dundurn Stairs OR the Wentworth stairs (a few of many more). If you live near the escarpment or are able t o travel to the area, you can take your pick of which sets of stairs to train on! Of course looking from the bottom-up is quite nerwracking but let me tell you that there is no greater feeling than making it to the top and looking at what you’ve accomplished in such a short period of time! Oh and remember our chat about interval training and its benefits… well folks, stair climbing is interval training at its peaks! So go on, climb…all the way to the top!
- RT @ParticipACTION: A study in Neuroimage found that cardiovascular activity and muscular fitness can lead to an increase in grey matter in… 6 days ago
- RT @RanaAldibsmm: Come on down for a Free Week Pass & put your 2018 goal on our Tree, join our strong community to finish 2017 & start 2018… 1 week ago
- RT @alyssaglai: It's a community here at @YWCAHamiltonFit. 💪 Members share ideas and plan fitness get-togethers. Nutcracker-themed barre cl… 1 week ago
- RT @RanaAldibsmm: Come try us for our last FREE FRIDAY!! Join our strong community & finish off the 2017 year stronger than you started!! D… 1 week ago
- RT @ParticipACTION: New study suggests "exercising both our bodies and minds may provide the greatest boost to our memories." https://t.co/… 1 week ago