Folks, you’ve heard it before, climbing stairs has TONS of benefits: from strengthening lower body muscles to improving cardiovascular health to dropping pounds- the list goes on… Of course on your first climb, I wouldn’t suggest “the CN Tower” or the Skyscraper BUT living in Hamilton, you sure have some alternatives! Why6 not try to Dundurn Stairs OR the Wentworth stairs (a few of many more). If you live near the escarpment or are able t o travel to the area, you can take your pick of which sets of stairs to train on! Of course looking from the bottom-up is quite nerwracking but let me tell you that there is no greater feeling than making it to the top and looking at what you’ve accomplished in such a short period of time! Oh and remember our chat about interval training and its benefits… well folks, stair climbing is interval training at its peaks! So go on, climb…all the way to the top!
- RT @YWCA_Hamilton: Baby Boot Camp is back for another season with a new session beginning next week. Wednesday classes will take place at B… 1 day ago
- RT @YWCA_Hamilton: Marnie & Shannon of our Seniors Peer Connector Program were on @MorningLive talking abt isolation in #HamOnt seniors htt… 2 days ago
- RT @RanaAldibsmm: Happy Eid to all. https://t.co/hXCJsJRdQs 4 days ago
- RT @run_pilates_run: @YWCA_Hamilton @YWCAHamiltonFit is looking forward to #connecting with you! Our #Seniors Peer Connector Program is #re… 4 days ago
- RT @RanaAldibsmm: When you begin your day with so many smiles around!! #babybootcamp @YWCA_Hamilton @YWCAHamiltonFit https://t.co/eZTMvjNTg4 5 days ago