Let’s face it, working out can be healthy, rewarding and beneficial. Working out can be lots of things, but it’s never been known to be an exhilarating experience…UNTIL NOW!
The Zumba® program fuses hypnotic Latin rhythms and easy-to-follow moves to create a one-of-a-kind fitness program that will blow you away. Our goal is simple: We want you to want to work out, to love working out, to get hooked. Zumba® Fanatics achieve long-term benefits while experiencing an absolute blast in one exciting hour of calorie-burning, body-energizing, awe-inspiring movements meant to engage and captivate for life!
The routines feature interval training sessions where fast and slow rhythms and resistance training are combined to tone and sculpt your body while burning fat. Add some Latin flavor and international zest into the mix and you’ve got a Zumba® class!
In the past years, the Zumba® program has become nothing short of a revolution, spreading like wildfire, and positioning itself as the single most influential movement in the industry of fitness.
As of July 2009, the Zumba® program is being taught at over 40,000 locations in 75 countries, has sold millions of DVDs, and has changed the lives of Zumba® Fanatics worldwide with an astonishing five million participants taking Zumba classes every week.
Why? Because it’s the best party around.
Celebrity fitness trainer, “Beto” Perez, stumbled upon the concept of Latin-inspired dance-fitness in his native Cali, Colombia in the mid-‘90s.
One day, he walked into his aerobics class and realized he had forgotten his aerobics music. Thinking quickly, he grabbed whatever tapes he had in his backpack. Beto’s tapes were comprised of songs he loved, the traditional Latin salsa and merengue music he listened to all his life. But it was a challenge to improvise a whole class on the spot using non-traditional aerobics music. Beto rose to the challenge and from this last-minute improvisation a revolutionary new concept in fitness was born – the Zumba Fitness-Party™! The class soon became the most popular class at his fitness facility.
After his success is Colombia, Beto brought the class to the United States, and in 2001 he was approached by entrepreneurs Alberto Perlman and Alberto Aghion to create a global company based on his fitness philosophy. The three young entrepreneurs trademarked the word Zumba® and set a goal to expand the brand all over the world.
Perlman and Aghion secured a deal with a large infomercial company to launch the concept nationwide resulting in the sale of hundreds of thousands of videos in the U.S. market. The overwhelming response created a demand for more Zumba® instructors, so Zumba Fitness® created an instructor training program to satisfy the growing demand. The program was an instant success. By September 2006, there were thousands of Zumba® instructors worldwide.
Zumba Fitness® teamed with the Kellogg Company to develop a fitness campaign for the Hispanic market. The Kellogg Company has since expanded the campaign to five additional countries. The Zumba® program has been featured on millions of boxes of Kellogg’s® Special K® cereal around the world.
Zumba Fitness® launched a successful infomercial campaign in Spanish for the U.S. Hispanic market and Latin America, increasing sales to millions of DVDs in over 30 countries.
The explosive demand for Zumba® instructors across the nation and abroad spurred the creation of the Zumba Academy™, the educational division of Zumba Fitness. With top-notch leadership from a diversified team of professional choreographers, fitness experts and certified education specialists, the Zumba Academy has raised the bar and set a new standard in fitness programs, ensuring the highest level of integrity, quality and dedication to excellence, and exceeding industry standards.
Zumba Fitness® and the Zumba Academy have aligned with AFAA (Aerobics and Fitness Association of America), ACE (American Council on Exercise), IDEA (the world’s largest association for fitness professionals), SCW Fitness Education, Can-Fit-Pro (International Trade Show and Conference in Canada), and many top national and international fitness facility chains and organizations. Instructors who complete workshops offered through the Zumba Academy are also eligible to receive continuing education credits (CECs) to satisfy recertification requirements from many of these associations.
The Zumba® program launched internationally and currently spans six continents – North America, South America, Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia. Now, the entire world is partying to the exciting rhythms of the Zumba Fitness-Party™!
Zumba Fitness® launched its third DVD collection with direct response industry leader, Guthy Renker. This time around, Zumba Fitness® has added exciting surprises like the Zumba® Toning Sticks and the Zumba® LIVE! Workout.
Currently, Zumba Fitness® offers the following Instructor Training workshops:
- Zumba® Basic Steps Level 1 – This workshop teaches instructors the foundation and formula to teach basic Zumba® classes.
- Zumba® Basic Steps Level 2 – This workshop teaches instructors four more rhythms to incorporate into their basic Zumba® classes. It also gives instructors the opportunity to network, share choreography and enhance their professional status and skills.
- Zumba Gold® – This workshop is designed for instructors who wish to teach the active older adult population or the true beginner (deconditioned participant). It addresses the anatomical, physiological and psychological needs specific to these populations.
- Zumba Toning™ – This workshop teaches instructors how to blend body-sculpting techniques and specific Zumba moves into one calorie-burning, strength-training class. Instructors use weighted, maraca-like Zumba Toning Sticks to enhance rhythm and build strength.
- Aqua Zumba™ – This workshop is the “pool party” workout for all ages. Instructors learn how to teach safe, effective and challenging water-based workouts that integrate the Zumba formula and philosophy into traditional aqua fitness disciplines.
- Zumbatomic® – This course teaches instructors how to fuse the Zumba program’s exciting formula with the psychology and physiology relevant to teaching kids (ages 4-12). Instructors learn how to modify Zumba moves to get optimal results, and receive tips on discipline and class management. With the Zumbatomic program, kids have a blast, get focused and get fit.
Join us as the Zumba Fitness-Party™ continues to expand into health clubs, living rooms, schools, community centers, YMCAs, corporations and any other empty room where you can pump up the volume and live the Zumba® experience.
So, get ready to “Join the Party™”!
Zumba®, Zumba Fitness® and the Zumba Fitness logos are registered trademarks of Zumba Fitness, LLC.