Here is a great recipe that is sure to provide you loads of energy for a good workout and also satisfy that sweet tooth! With a bit of protein and carbohydrates, these protein balls are a great on-the-go pre-workout snack!
PEANUT BUTTER PROTEIN BALLS
1 cup prunes
½ cup warm water
¼ cup natural peanut butter
1 cup soy protein powder
¼ cup ground flaxseed
¼ tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp sea salt (optional)
½ cup dried cranberries
½ cup wheat germ (divided)
1. Soak prunes in warm water for 10 minutes to soften.
2. BLEND prunes and water in a food processor. Add nut butter and process until smooth.
3. Add protein powder, ground flaxseeds, cinnamon, salt, cranberries and a ¼ cup of the wheat germ to the mixture and blend thoroughly.
4. Roll dough into small balls. (size of a large gumball)
5. Roll each ball in remaining ¼ cup of wheat germ to coat.
6. Set balls on baking sheet, place in freezer for 2-4 hours to allow them to harden.
7. Remove from freezer and place balls in airtight container, store in the refrigerator.
(1 serving=4 balls)
Total Fat- 4 g (2 g saturated fat)
Dietary Fiber- 4 g
Sodium- 4 mg
Sugars- 12 g
Iron- 2 mg