Vitamin D supplementation has shown to improve mood. Vitamin D naturally works against feelings of depression and anxiety by regulating your stress hormone output and increasing your feelings of happiness and well-being by increasing the production of serotonin (a chemical that assists in sending signals from one area of the brain to another). Our skin produces vitamin D in direct reaction to natural sunlight, so get outside and soak up that sun (using your chosen method of sun protection, of course!) This direct reaction, also means that for those of you who can’t get away from the office, siting by your window at work just won’t cut it! So try to eat outside for lunch. Perhaps showing (a little!) skin this summer, in moderation, isn’t so bad after all!
- You rock Rana!!! Best of luck at the conference!! I hope Vancouver is ready for you and your energy!! twitter.com/ranaaldibsmm/s… 8 hours ago
- RT @run_pilates_run: #WAMHamilton is building with #excitement #energy #endviolenceagainstwomen @YWCA_Hamilton @YWCAHamiltonFit https://t.… 2 days ago
- Eid Mubarak to you as well Rana! ❤️ twitter.com/ranaaldibsmm/s… 6 days ago
- A truly inspiring Cardio and Core class-hearing “Salute!” to strong women and how women are each other’s “Cheerlead… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Good question! Come and check us out! @YWCA_Hamilton https://t.co/ojXzNbhIE6 1 week ago