Vitamin D supplementation has shown to improve mood. Vitamin D naturally works against feelings of depression and anxiety by regulating your stress hormone output and increasing your feelings of happiness and well-being by increasing the production of serotonin (a chemical that assists in sending signals from one area of the brain to another). Our skin produces vitamin D in direct reaction to natural sunlight, so get outside and soak up that sun (using your chosen method of sun protection, of course!) This direct reaction, also means that for those of you who can’t get away from the office, siting by your window at work just won’t cut it! So try to eat outside for lunch. Perhaps showing (a little!) skin this summer, in moderation, isn’t so bad after all!
- If you've ever thought about it....now's the time! Call me for more info! #fitnessleader #becomeapersonaltrainer… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- My fav line overheard in the fitness centre today "it's the best gym in town" 👍👍 #HamOnt #strongwomen 3 days ago
- Considered becoming a fitness instructor or personal trainer?Did you know we offer training for both?PM for details! #fitnessleader #fitham 4 days ago
- RT @YWCA_Hamilton: Please be advised that we will be closed Saturday August 12 due to electrical repairs. All classes are cancelled and pho… 1 week ago
- RT @run_pilates_run: Great enthusiasm for #Pilates class today! #ActiveAging @YWCAHamiltonFit. Brings #Fit@Home program to local residents… 2 weeks ago