Vitamin D supplementation has shown to improve mood. Vitamin D naturally works against feelings of depression and anxiety by regulating your stress hormone output and increasing your feelings of happiness and well-being by increasing the production of serotonin (a chemical that assists in sending signals from one area of the brain to another). Our skin produces vitamin D in direct reaction to natural sunlight, so get outside and soak up that sun (using your chosen method of sun protection, of course!) This direct reaction, also means that for those of you who can’t get away from the office, siting by your window at work just won’t cut it! So try to eat outside for lunch. Perhaps showing (a little!) skin this summer, in moderation, isn’t so bad after all!
- Great job women! Hope to see you next Monday at 12! twitter.com/jjarusauskas/s… 16 hours ago
- RT @YWCA_Hamilton: TODAY at NOON! Join @YWCAHamiltonFit at City Hall for a FREE Core and More workout. Bring your yoga mat and a bottle of… 21 hours ago
- RT @DeniseChrisYW: #ElectMoreWomenYHM is trending on Twitter- keep the conversations going women of #HamOnt #EmpowerWomen @YWCA_Hamilton 2 days ago
- RT @RanaAldibsmm: Come on down to try our delicious cupcakes to support Ywca encore breast cancer program! @YWCA_Hamilton @YWCAHamiltonFit… 4 days ago
- On now in the pool:Aqua lengths.Coming up:Aquafit, lengths, Aqua baby boot camp, Aqua sweat, Masters swim and women & teen girls open swim 5 days ago